Protected Health Information: Protected health information describes information that is created or received by the Company and relates to the past, present, or future physical or mental health condition of a Patient/Client.
Protected health information includes information of persons living or deceased. Some examples of PHI are:
• Participant’s medical record number
• Participant’s demographic information (e.g. address, telephone number)
• Information doctors, nurses and other health care providers put in a participant’s medical record
• Information about a participant in a provider’s computer system or a health insurer’s computer system
• Any health information that can lead to the identity of an individual or the contents of the information can be used to make a reasonable assumption as to the identity of the individual